Price from USD 565
At an elevation of 17000 ft. /5199m, Mt. Kenya stands as Africa’s 2nd highest mountain. It hosts a trio of summits the highest Batian and the two lesser; Nelion & Lenana. The glacial features of this extinct volcano offer mountaineers breathtaking views.
Circumnavigate with us on this 5 days trekking trip and experience the breathtaking nature that will leave you yearning for more.
Rates including VAT
|Price per person
||Nº of persons Traveling together
Mount Kenya Safari inclusive:
- All Park entrance fees &Government taxes
- All food while on the Mountain.
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides, Porters, and cooks services
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation in camping as per the itinerary
- Service of an English speaking professional guide
- porters and skilled cook
- Treated or boiled water on the trek.
- On completion, successful climb Certificate
- Rescue from the mountain in case of an illness (by road only)
Safari Exclusives: (Things you need to budget for)
- Kenya Visa: on arrival
- Personal Insurance
- Tips and gratuities for guides and porters
- Beverages while not on the mountain
- Climbing equipment
- Optional excursions not detailed in the itinerary
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Items of personal nature.
Day 1Pick up from Nairobi
Pick up in Nairobi in the morning and drive for 3hrs 30 min to Nanyuki, stop in our office briefly to meet with the guide as well as sort out all the equipment required for the trek. We proceed onto the Sirimon Track as far as the Mount Kenya National Park Gate. From here we do a 9 km light hike up to the Old Moses Camp (3300m) overnight. This hike (2 to 3 hours) is essential for acclimatization and is also very interesting as you hike through four of the mountain vegetation belts – the tropical rain forest, bamboo jungle, and rosewood and heather zones.
These are also the areas where you are most likely to see animals.
Day 2Hike through Alpine Moorland Zone
Our hike starts around 0700hrs going via the new Sirimon route through the beautiful and unique Alpine Moorland Zone. Walking time today is 5-7 hours depending on individual fitness and stopping halfway for a picnic lunch. We arrive at Sharpton’s Camp (4200m) in, late afternoon and have dinner and overnight.
Day 3Enchanting Hike to Hausberg
Our hike starts around 0700hrs going via the new Sirimon route through the beautiful and unique Alpine Moorland Zone. Walking time today is 5-7 hours depending on individual fitness and stopping halfway for a picnic lunch. We arrive at Shiptons Camp (4200m) in, late afternoon and have dinner and overnight.
Day 4 Transcend your Expectations
Pre-dawn summit attempt of point Lenana (4985m). You will start the day at 4.30 am for the summit attempt, an ascent of 685 ms; the highlight being the watching of African sunrise and if it’s clear enough having a view of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Descend to Mintos hall area 4300mts for breakfast and short rest. Then descend to Mt. Kenya Bandas (1300mts) for dinner and overnight.
Day 5 Return to Base
After breakfast, we descend the mountain through Chogoria forest to meet with the transfer vehicle back to Nairobi. Enjoy nature once more as you finish your conquer of the second largest mountain.