6 DAYS CHOGORIA – SIRIMON FISHING
Mt Kenya is a spectacular location to fish for both Rainbow and Brown Trout. Several streams have both Rainbow and Brown trout. The Lakes are mostly stocked with Rainbow trout that are known to grow to record sizes.
Price from USD 670
Rates including VAT
|Price per person
||Nº of persons Traveling together
Mount Kenya Safari inclusive:
- All Park entrance fees &Government taxes
- All food while on the Mountain.
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides, Porters, and cooks services
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation in camping as per the itinerary
- Service of an English speaking professional guide
- porters and skilled cook
- Treated or boiled water on the trek.
- On completion, successful climb Certificate
- Rescue from the mountain in case of an illness (by road only)
Safari Exclusives: (Things you need to budget for)
- Kenya Visa: on arrival
- Fishing equipment
- Personal Insurance
- Tips and gratuities for guides and porters
- Beverages while not on the mountain
- Climbing equipment
- Optional excursions not detailed in the itinerary
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Items of personal nature.
Day 1Chogoria/Mount Meru Bandas
Drive from Nairobi to Chogoria town for 3.5hrs, then take a 4x4WD vehicle to the forest clearance, 16km from where the walk starts. You will walk for 16km through the forest along with the dirt and sometimes very muddy road for 4hrs to reach Mount Meru Bandas at 2950m for lunch and afternoon walks. You will have dinner and camp overnight at Mt. Meru Bandas.
Day 2Departure to Lake Ellis
After breakfast leave for Lake Ellis (3,400mts). This hike will take about 5 hrs. with a detour to Kathita waterfalls. Dinner and overnight at the camp nearby the lake. Fishing in the afternoon.
Day 3Start Hike to Michaelson
Hike on to Michaelson (4,000mts), a 5hrs trek. Picnic lunch will be served along the way. Have dinner and camp overnight by the lake. Possibility of fishing in the late afternoon.
Day 4Hike to Simba Cole
Hike to Simba Cole (4,600mts) for 3 to 4hrs for lunch dinner and overnight. Fishing in the afternoon.
Day 5Descend to Shiptons
Leave camp by 4.00 am and climb up the steep scree for about 1to 2hrs to reach Point Lenana 4985mts. Depending on your pace and conditions, you will be at the top by 6.00 am to watch the African sunrise and If the sky is clear right across the southern part of Kenya, you will be able to view the peaks of Mount Kilimanjaro above the clouds over 340kilometres away. Then descend to Shiptons for breakfast and after a short rest descend to Old Moses for overnight.
Day 6Transfer to Nairobi/JKIA
After breakfast descends for 3hrs down to Sirimon park gate for vehicle pick up and transfer to Nairobi.