- KENYA 5 DAYS SIRIMON – NARO MORU ROUTE
Price from USD 570
Rates including VAT
|Price per person
||Nº of persons Traveling together
Mount Kenya Safari inclusive:
- All Park entrance fees &Government taxes
- All food while on the Mountain.
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides, Porters, and cooks services
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation in camping as per the itinerary
- Service of an English speaking professional guide
- porters and skilled cook
- Treated or boiled water on the trek.
- On completion, successful climb Certificate
- Rescue from the mountain in case of an illness (by road only)
Safari Exclusives: (Things you need to budget for)
- Kenya Visa: on arrival
- Personal Insurance
- Tips and gratuities for guides and porters
- Beverages while not on the mountain
- Climbing equipment
- Optional excursions not detailed in the itinerary
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Items of personal nature.
Day 1: Pick up from Nairobi
Leave Nairobi early in the morning and drive for 3hrs 30 min to Nanyuki, stop in our office briefly to sort out all the equipment required for your climb. Then the vehicle proceeds onto the Sirimon Track as far as the Mount Kenya National Park Gate. From here you hike 9Km up to the Old Moses Camp (3300m) for overnight in the hut. This two to three hours hike is essential for acclimatization and is also very interesting as you hike through four of the mountain vegetation belts – the tropical rain forest, bamboo jungle, and rosewood and heather zones.
These are also the areas where you are most likely to see animals.
Day 2: Start Hike
Your hike starts around 0700hrs going via the new Sirimon route through the beautiful and unique Alpine Moorland Zone. Walking time today is 5-7 hours depending on individual fitness and stopping halfway for a picnic lunch. You arrive at Shiptons Camp (4200m) in, late afternoon and have dinner and overnight here in the mountain hut.
Day 3: Acclimatization
Acclimatizing day hike up Hausberg col (4600m) enjoy the nice sceneries of the west ridges and then return to Shiptons for overnight.
Day 4: Transcend your Expectations
A pre-dawn (3:00 am) start is essential when attempting Point Lenana.
You are then most likely to be successful in reaching the summit as well as having the clearest view of the majestic scenery. If the sky is clear right across the southern part of Kenya, you will be able to
view the peaks of Mount Kilimanjaro above the clouds over 340kilometres away. Then descend to Mackinder’s camp for breakfast, afterward descend to the Met station on the Naromoru track, traversing the steep marshy section known as the Vertical Bog. Returning by another route gives a fine contrast to your hike, and is only 3 to 4hours walking. Stay overnight at Met Station (in the hut).
Day 5: Return to Base
Met station to park gate /Nairobi
this will be an easy hike down for two and a half hours, walk down
Walking through the tropical rain forest, bamboo jungle, rosewood to reach Naromoru park entrance for signing out and pick up back to Nairobi.