Mount Kenya, Mount Kenya Climbing, Kenya Safaris, Climbing Mount Kenya, Mt Kenya Trekking, Mt Kenya Climb, Kenya Climbing, Hiking Kenya, Small Group Adventures, Mountain Kenya Adventures starts from Nairobi/Arusha/Moshi.
Mt Kenya Summit, mountain adventures, budget travel, trekking, hiking, mount Kenya safaris, small group adventures, mountain climbing, climbing Kenya mountain, Mountain Kenya
Mount Kenya is the highest mountain in Kenya and the second-highest in Africa, after Kilimanjaro. The highest peaks of the mountain are Batian (5,199 metres (17,057 ft)), Nelion (5,188 metres (17,021 ft)) and Point Lenana (4,985 metres (16,355 ft)). Mount Kenya is located in central Kenya, just south of the equator, around 150 kilometers (93 mi) north-northeast of the capital Nairobi. Mount Kenya is the source of the name of the Republic of Kenya.
The Naro Moru route is the easiest and the best fastest and it is also the most popular route preferred by many onto the mountain, it is commonly used by many hikers, schools, scout groups, tour companies and private guides and potters leading clients up to Point Lenana.
- It is not particularly scenic and the rapid ascent profile makes it unsuitable for climbers wishing to acclimatize more gradually and sensibly.
- The Naro Moru route also features the steep quagmire of wet moorland that is extremely taxing and unpleasant after rains.
- The final climb up to the Austrian Hut tackles a long, loose and uncompromising scree slope up to the side of the Teleki Valley.
- Basically, you don’t want to do this route unless you’re in a hurry to bag Point Lenana on a quick 3-day program.
- Descending via the Naro Moru route is fine, though.
The climbing Naro Moru Route detailed Itinerary
5 Days Trekking Mount Kenya Naromoru Route.
Naro Moru Trekking route is the quickest way to the base of Mount Kenya and Pt. Lenana. It is also one of the steepest routes and extra care should be taken here to avoid problems with AMS. Walking up towards Mackinders Camp through the Teleki Valley offers superb views of the peaks of Batian and Nelion. A steep section known as the “vertical bog” is crossed around Midway to Mackinders Hut and a stopover here is almost compulsory. The accommodations are good with bunkhouses at Met Station and Mackinder’s Camp.
Mount Kenya climbing Adventure Trekking Naro Moru Route
- Mt Kenya Climbing Adventure 5 days 4nights.
- Grade: B- moderate. Up to 6.5 hours / 15 miles per day.
- Approximate Trekking Distance: 67 Km
- Starts: Nairobi /Ends: Nairobi
- Departure Day: Any Day
Accommodation: Standard budget hotel/ Lodge and Camping Tent While trekking
- Participants Minimum 2 participants
- Activities: Hiking, Trekking, Tree Naming, bird watching, wildlife encounter, and photography
- Trek Mount Kenya Naromoru Route 5 Days Safari Tour
- Africa Climbing, Mount Kenya climb, climbing Mt Kenya to Africa second Highest peak.
- Mt Kenya one of the East Africa Mountains that passes along the equator.
- Mt Kenya climbing route Naro Moru trekking route
Naro Moru route is the quickest way to the base of the mountain and Pt. Lenana. It is also one of the steepest routes and extra care should be taken here to avoid problems with AMS. Walking up towards Mackinders Camp through the Teleki Valley offers superb views of the peaks of Batian and Nelion. A steep section known as the “vertical bog” is crossed around midwau to Mackinders Hut and a stopover here is almost compulsory. The accommodations are good with bunkhouses at Met Station and Mackinder’s Camp.
- Mt Kenya Climbing Naro Moru Route.
- Mt Kenya Climbing Adventure – 5 days / 4nights
- Climbing Mount Kenya – Group Adventure Climb
- Climb Mount Kenya to the Peaks
Mount Kenya climbing Adventure Trekking Naro Moru Route 5 Days detailed Itinerary.
DAY 1: ADVENTURE HIKING MOUNT KENYA TOUR NARO MORU TOUTE.
Depart from Nairobi at 09:00hrs and proceed South towards the cool slopes of Mt. Kenya. Cross the Equator and arrive at Nanyuki Simbas / Lodge in time for Lunch. Relax and Enjoy the magnificent scenery of the Mount Kenya region. A COMPLIMENTARY walking tour to the EQUATOR.Overnight at a budget hotel Nanyuki.
DAY 2: ADVENTURE HIKING MOUNT KENYA MET.CAMPSITE.
Early morning photo taking Mt Kenya when it’s clear then after breakfast, Drive to the gate then walk to the Meteorological Station. This is a very good day for acclimatization, for we will be sleeping at an altitude of 10,000 ft 9 km 3-4 hours walk
DAY 3: ADVENTURE HIKING MOUNT KENYA MACKINDER’S CAMPSITE.
Hike up through the Teleki valley to Mackinders Camp where there is a spectacular view of the main peaks. Walking time approximately 4-6 hours. Overnight Mackinders Camp. (14,000 ft.) 9kms 4-5 hours walk
DAY 4: ADVENTURE CLIMBING TOUR MOUNT KENYA MACKINDER’S CAMPSITE.
A pre-dawn attempt of point Lenana is made to ensure a successful summit bid and to try to reach the summit in time for a clear view of the majestic scenery. After climbing Pt. Lenana we return back to Mackinders camp for breakfast and then proceed down to Met Station Lodge for overnigh.9 km 3 to 4 hours walk
DAY 5: ADVENTURE CLIMBING TOUR MOUNT KENYA NAIROBI.
After breakfast at Met station walk down to Park Gate to catch your transport back to Nairobi, arriving in the afternoon.
- Reach the summit at all costs!!
- Prices of the above inclusive of:
- Return transfer Nairobi -Nanyuki/Naro Moru-Nairobi
- 3 meals per day while trekking
- 4 Days Mt. Kenya Trekking
- 3 nights accommodation while trekking
- 2 transfer from Nanyuki/Naro Moru- Park gate- return
- All government park fees at Mt Kenya National Park
- English Speaking Mountain Guides and Porters
- Reach the summit at all costs!!
You can extend the climb with a safari either camping or lodge or beach holiday
Group and private prices available transport is (with 25-Seater buses and 9 seater tour Vans)
Nairobi Kenya Airport Transfers 20 USD 1-3 pax in a saloon car
Budget hotels in Nairobi
NB: We ensure clients get enough and plenty of well-cooked food.
You can hire some of the equipment available at a reasonable cost
Exclusive of Gloves, Sunglasses, Sleeping bag, Hats, Rain suits, Warm Jacket, Heavy boots, Scarf’s, Rain Trousers. Price is exclusive of first and last Night accommodation in Nairobi.
Accommodation at budget accommodation Nanyuki.